Information Transfer Activity

The first successful activity I have used I my English Classroom
has been Information Transfer Activity, which helps students
reproduce the message they hear in a new form.
They listen and respond by completing a table.


Example Class:
I'm going to show you how you can use this activity in your classroom with this very easy
example about the 5 senses, you can adapt it.

The first thing you should do every time you start a class, is an attention getter or a warm-up.
Let me show you one:

·         Warm up of senses (touch the body part you mention while you speak with your students)
I have two eyes, so I can see (clap)
And the nose to smell (clap)
I have ten fingers that can touch (clap)
I have two ears so I can hear (clap)
I have a tongue inside my mouth to taste the food (clap)
(scream) Five senses!!

·         After you've got your students' attention (this is very important) you can ask them to watch and listen to a video. 

I recommend you this video for your teaching:

You can play the video once, to let students appreciate the video and then play again the video but this time focusing their attention to the table they have to answer.    
This is the chart that I created for the video and of course you can use it if you think it will work in your
class.

Eventually, you can let your students share their answers with their classmates
And also you can check the anwers with the whole class for those students who weren't able to answer
everything correctly.

Is it clear? ...I hope so, but if you have any concern or comment leave it here and I'll help you ↓

Comentarios